Thursday 14 April 2016

Shoot Eight - Work Record

Evaluation:

For this shoot, I visited the local woods where some trees had been cut down, I wanted to show the after effects of deforestation, although this is a lot more small scale, it seemed very needless in my opinion. I felt as though this would show how unsustainably we live, this shoot shows that because we can see that someone has cut down the trees for no more reason than to make the area seem more open. 
I felt that these photographs could look good in contrast next to photos of trees that haven't been cut down, I would've liked to take photographs of the trees in that area before and after they were cut down because I think this would create an amazing contrast, however I didn't know they were going to be cut down so I wasn't able to do this.

In my opinion this is my best photograph, I really like the angle that I took this photograph from and I like the placing of the tree stumps in the photograph, I think that the bold orange colour against the browns and greens is very eye catching and that it would drag the eye towards that rather than other little things in the photograph.
Camera settings:
f stop: 5.0
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/800 secs

This photograph is my worst photograph because I think that it just looks very barren and the photograph is a very similar colour all over.
Camera settings:
f stop: 5.0
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/800 secs

Progression:
Next shoot I will be aiming to take photographs of rubbish and litter to show how we are polluting our planet by creating too much rubbish. I would like to visit my local dump because I think the photographs I could get there would look really good. I don't think I will be taking photographs of trees for my final shoot because in my opinion it's too early in the year for the trees to look especially good.

No comments:

Post a Comment