Monday 11 April 2016

Shoot Seven - Work Record

Evaluation:

For this shoot I visited a nearby park to take photographs of bikes, I wanted pictures outside of the bikes up close so I thought this was a good place to visit. I would've liked to get photographs of the bikes moving because that could've been a really good photograph, however it was very bright out and due to the camera I have, I was unable to take a photograph of this because it would've been too bright. I took photographs of the bikes up close because my portrait work isn't as good as my object photographs and I wanted to get photographs that would look the best that they could.
I went there aiming to get some photographs showing motion, but due to the brightness I was unable to do this (even after changing the iso and the aperture to try and make it work). Instead I took photographs of close ups of the bikes and I think these photographs turned out really well.

This was one of my best photographs from the shoot, I really like this because it is framed very well, the legs are on one of the rule of two thirds line and the wheel's centre is on the other. I really like the contrast of the dull background and the white of the bike, I also really like how the bike has created some leading lines, rather than just looking cluttered.
Camera settings:
f stop: 5.6
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/1250 secs 

This is one of the attempts at slowing the shutter speed down to create a motion photograph. As you can see it is incredibly overexposed. I wouldn't even be able to fix this on photoshop without it looking either heavily edited or just plain bad. 


Progression:
I will possibly do a shoot similar to this for my exam piece but it would have to be done later in the afternoon when it is a bit darker, so that I would be able to do photographs showing motion. To do this I would have to slow the shutter speed and make the aperture higher, this would let less light in to make up for the slower shutter speed. If I decide to do this, I will have to 

No comments:

Post a Comment